Veggie mites: Tasting their own
Sunday 19 July 2009
For children across the country the school year is coming to an end, but students at the Kingsway Primary School in Goole, East Yorkshire, couldn't leave without harvesting the vegetables they've been cultivating as part of the The Independent on Sunday 'Let Children Grow' campaign.
Since being chosen as a beacon school for the campaign, which is run in association with the Royal Horticultural Society, pupils at Kingsway have been out in their new community garden, checking the progress of their crops, and they finally got to taste the fruits of their labour, last week (left). But they held off eating the lot, agreeing to sell some produce to fellow pupils' parents.
Life & Style blogs
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained in Los Angeles after being mistaken for a prostitute
George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Scottish independence: Britain faces 'constitutional crisis' at next election
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
- 1 Scotland independence vote: Everything you ever wanted to know about life after the result
- 2 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Piers Morgan attempts to save the Union by promising to go back to the US if Scotland votes 'No' to independence
- 5 Tyler, The Creator says having the new U2 album automatically downloaded on his iPhone was 'like waking up with herpes'
£50 - £65 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: We are looking for flexible and i...
£50 - £65 per annum: Randstad Education Leeds: We are looking for flexible and...
£130 - £160 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Qualified KS2 Supply Teacher r...
£130 - £160 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Qualified KS1 Teacher required,...