Anthropologie opens first store outside North America
Thursday 22 October 2009
The popular lifestyle boutique is moving across the Atlantic Ocean with its first European store in London, opening its doors to the public on October 23.
Anthropologie's product lines comprise clothes, bags and shoes, jewelry and accessories, as well as an extensive interior range called At Home.
Combining all this with offering a few unexpected items such as literary classics (e.g., Sense and Sensibility), artwork and plants, the label hopes to create the same 'home-y' ambiance it is known for in the US, but with an cultural update: the store design drew inspiration from English townhouses and country homes.
"Coming to Europe feels rather natural for us, since we have long adored its people and its culture," Anthropologie said in a statement, adding that it hoped shoppers would "take a deep breath and spend some time" in the new boutique that is situated in London's busiest shopping district, on Regent Street.
Another boutique of the brand will open in the Antiquarius Building on London's King's Road next spring as well as a European version of its online store. Until then, its US site, anthropologie.com, offers international shipping.
158 Regent Street
London, UK W1B 5SW
Monday-Saturday 10 am - 7 pm
Late shopping Thursday until 8 pm
Sunday 12 - 6 pm
tvParents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
food + drinkHow one grocery e-tailer is gearing up for the Yuletide rush
food + drink
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ De...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...
£23999 - £32001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: An independent ac...