Anthropologie opens first store outside North America
The popular lifestyle boutique is moving across the Atlantic Ocean with its first European store in London, opening its doors to the public on October 23.
Anthropologie's product lines comprise clothes, bags and shoes, jewelry and accessories, as well as an extensive interior range called At Home.
Combining all this with offering a few unexpected items such as literary classics (e.g., Sense and Sensibility), artwork and plants, the label hopes to create the same 'home-y' ambiance it is known for in the US, but with an cultural update: the store design drew inspiration from English townhouses and country homes.
"Coming to Europe feels rather natural for us, since we have long adored its people and its culture," Anthropologie said in a statement, adding that it hoped shoppers would "take a deep breath and spend some time" in the new boutique that is situated in London's busiest shopping district, on Regent Street.
Another boutique of the brand will open in the Antiquarius Building on London's King's Road next spring as well as a European version of its online store. Until then, its US site, anthropologie.com, offers international shipping.
158 Regent Street
London, UK W1B 5SW
Monday-Saturday 10 am - 7 pm
Late shopping Thursday until 8 pm
Sunday 12 - 6 pm
Life & Style blogs
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
The spring menswear season has only just begun, but I've already started to get deep and meaningful....
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
£30000 - £35000 per annum: May & Stephens Recruitment Group: If you're an ambi...
£43000 - £50000 per annum + £5K Car Allowance + Bens : May & Stephens Recrui...
£18000 - £22000 per annum + Bens : May & Stephens Recruitment Group: If you're...
£16000 - £23000 per annum + OTE £23k - £45k: Connex Education: Connex Educatio...