Around the world: The best of the rest
Wednesday 11 February 2009
Infinity and beyond: Minthis Hills, Paphos, Cyprus
They say: A Mediterranean resort that mixes traditional and contemporary Cypriot style and affords the best in luxury living.
We say: This imposing three-bed has an infinity pool, and Paphos is a great place for some winter sun.
020-8416 0230; www.uniqueliving.com
Life's a beach: Monte Lemos, Praia da Luz, Algarve
They say: This well-priced, traditional villa has three bedrooms, three bathrooms and a large pool.
We say: You can walk to the beach from this property – but you won't have to: the price includes a jeep.
020-7629 8171; www.knightfrank.com
Glamour guaranteed: Royal Westmoreland, Barbados:
Price: from £369,000
They say: This 500-acre resort, regarded as the most prestigious in the Caribbean, offers colonial-style properties and a pro golf course.
We say: Oozing charm and chic, the properties are as glamorous as the people who live and holiday here.
020-7584 3050; www.cluttonsresorts.com
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
£35000 - £55000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: A leading prov...
£400 - £450 per day: Harrington Starr: Technical Architect - .NET Consultant ....
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Capita Education Resou...
£27000 - £31000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Global travel com...