Crumb lends his designs to Vans sneakers
Legendary artist and illustrator, Robert Crumb, known for his Zap Comix in the 1960s, is letting his characters step out again on pairs of new special edition sneakers.
Vans' white canvas high-top, the Sk8-Hi Deconstruct shoe, features Crumb's Mr. Natural, a bearded mystic guru and con man ($60). From the Fritz the Cat comic, the adventurous feline is splashed across a classic Slip-On sneaker ($52).
California-based Vans makes sneakers popular with skateboarders and surfers. They also make snowboarding boots, BMX shoes and other extreme sports footwear. The sticky soled Slip-On was made famous by Sean Penn in the 1982 film Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
Also known as R. Crumb, the cartoonist recently published a graphic novel of all 50 chapters of the Bible's Book of Genesis.
Life & Style blogs
Plus live in a folly tower and Towcester growth
Plus how much you need to earn to rent in London, and new homes figures
Plus where The Apprentices live, house price growth outside London, and househunter numbers
- 1 Asteroid nine times the size of the QE2 liner to sail pass Earth
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 British business: We need to stay in the EU - or risk losing up to £92bn a year
- 4 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
Excellent Package: Austen Lloyd: This is a senior appointment with huge potent...
£28000 - £31500 per annum + benefits: Randstad Education Newcastle: Permanent ...
£50000 - £58000 per annum + Benefits and Bonus: Progressive Recruitment: SAP F...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + BENS: Progressive Recruitment: Drupal Developer A ...