Big names 'paws' for thought
Tuesday 23 November 2010
Tracey Emin, John Barrowman, Dame Vera Lynn and Ronnie Corbett are just some of the big names 'lending a paw' to raise money for the Cats Protection feline welfare charity.
They were each asked to draw around their hands, sign the page and illustrate it in their own way so that the drawings can be auctioned on eBay.
The bidding will commence on Wednesday 1 December with the hammer coming down on Saturday 11 December. Last year a similar event raised around £2,500 for the charity.
Other well-known contributors include Strictly Come Dancing judge Alesha Dixon, film star Michael Sheen, Twilight star Kellan Lutz and Gavin and Stacey stars Joanna Page, Mathew Horne and Alison Steadman.
Click here or on the image to see a gallery of paw prints
For more information visit cats.org.uk/celebrity-paws
Life & Style blogs
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 Chelsea victory parade: Chelsea mocked on Twitter as 'tens of fans' pack the streets of London
- 3 US warned by Chinese media to stop meddling or 'war will be inevitable'
- 4 Woman, 21, dies after taking contraceptive pill that 'caused fatal blood clot'
- 5 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...