Pets ban for couple who kept 56 dogs
Friday 20 April 2012
A couple with five children who kept 56 large dogs in their four-bedroom house have been banned from keeping animals for eight years.
When the RSPCA raided James and Nicola Hood's house in Minehead, Somerset, they were "swamped by a sea of dogs", Taunton magistrates heard. Huskies, German shepherds, Rottweilers and Staffordshire bull terriers were found, as well as cats, birds and chinchillas.
Hood, 40, and his 32-year-old wife earlier admitted nine animal-cruelty charges. The court imposed a conditional discharge and ordered them to pay costs.
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government
£35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: VB.NET SQL CSS Develop...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£21000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Graduate QA/Graduate T...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: PHP Developer (MySQL, ...