Pets missing: one stick insect. Return to Gordon Brown
First he lost the election and now he’s lost his stick insect. Poor Gordon Brown. On Monday, the former PM’s wife, Sarah Brown, announced the news to her 1.2 million Twitter followers.
Even with the intervention of Lord Winston, who suggested: “Look at the potted aspidistra in the corner; it’s probably sticking out under a leaf,” by yesterday afternoon it was still AWOL.
We contacted London Zoo’s Monika Böhm for help. “They are mainly tropical, so they like it warm. And they naturally gravitate to plants for safety – and a good feed. They mostly can’t fly, so shouldn’t have gone far. Their best bet is to check plant pots near radiators.” You heard it here first, Sarah.
Life & Style blogs
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst - C++, Boost...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Service Desk Analyst- (Desktop Su...
£30000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst (Machine Lea...
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Harrington Starr: UNIX Application Support Analyst-...