Pets missing: one stick insect. Return to Gordon Brown
First he lost the election and now he’s lost his stick insect. Poor Gordon Brown. On Monday, the former PM’s wife, Sarah Brown, announced the news to her 1.2 million Twitter followers.
Even with the intervention of Lord Winston, who suggested: “Look at the potted aspidistra in the corner; it’s probably sticking out under a leaf,” by yesterday afternoon it was still AWOL.
We contacted London Zoo’s Monika Böhm for help. “They are mainly tropical, so they like it warm. And they naturally gravitate to plants for safety – and a good feed. They mostly can’t fly, so shouldn’t have gone far. Their best bet is to check plant pots near radiators.” You heard it here first, Sarah.
Life & Style blogs
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
King Abdullah dead: We can't afford not to hold Saudi Arabia's royals to account
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: Phase Co-ordinator for Foundation and Key S...
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: SEN Teacher We have a fantastic special n...
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: My client is an 11-18 all ability co-educat...
£100 - £150 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: Year 6 Teacher Birmingham Jan 2015...