'Poopless Pets' set to be top dog for Christmas
Thursday 01 October 2009
Argos have announced their predictions for the best selling toys this Christmas - which include a talking hamster and an electronic kitten.
According to Ian Chaplin, Argos' Toys Trading Manager, 'Role-play inspired products with a technology twist are one of the hot trends for kids this year and ‘poopless pets’ have become increasingly popular.'
With 20 electronic pets in their toy range, Argos are expecting big sales this Christmas. 'They’re great fun for kids and less mess than real pets, which goes down well with parents' Chaplin explains.
Last year's top toy 'FurReal Friends Biscuit Puppy', a real-size golden retriever puppy that followed voice commands, is set to be toppled from the top by 'Lu Lu My Cuddlin' Kitten' - an interactive toy kitten that purrs, rolls over and responds to its owner. The top 10 also includes Lego Minotaurs, the infamous 'Bop It' toy, the Bounce n Spin Zebra and the Transformers MV2 Movie Helmet.
Life & Style blogs
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
- < Previous
- Next >
£350 - £400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...
£17000 - £20000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: SAS Business Analyst, London, Banking, Credit Ris...
£32000 - £38000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...