Pet shows Britain is littered with brave owners
Although it was the moggies who were up for awards at the weekend's Supreme Cat Show at the Birmingham NEC, I reckon the owners who took them there probably deserved a prize … for bravery.
The idea that anyone in their right mind would try to take a majestic beast such as Mr Bojangles, pictured – all sharp edges and disdainful stare – pop him into a cat box and cart him to the Midlands is one that makes this cat owner quake. Think of all those baleful blinks! Think of the hair balls! The quantities of kitty litter required! The hissing! (and that's just the breeders).
As I say, I hope they all took something away from the day, other than a good clawing at the paws of a prizefighter – or its owner. So I'd like to congratulate supreme grand champion Gemkin Starwind on his big win – and owner and breeder Jenny Nicholas for her supreme bravery.
Life & Style blogs
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
Calais crisis: For desperate migrants it is 'England or death' as they brave dogs, riot police and speeding trains
- 1 Top Gear team of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May officially heading to Amazon Prime for new car show
- 2 Stuart Baggs: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 3 How to cancel Amazon Prime: after Top Gear hiring, how to leave premium service
- 4 Tesco scraps 'unexpected item in the bagging area' as self-checkouts switch to less 'frustrating' audio
- 5 Living in Spain and commuting to London 'cheaper than actually working in London'
£28000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With extensive experience and a...
£26000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Due to on-going expansion, this leading provid...
£6 - £8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a family ...