The A-Z of dogs in pictures
Thursday 31 March 2011
After being attacked by an alsatian when he was two years old artist Rob Clarke grew up as a self-professed "dog hater”.
But not only has he managed to conquer his fear, he's also about to stage his first solo exhibition - the A-Z dogs.
Rob studied at St Martins School of Art. A highly skilled draftsman and visual artist, he now not only paints accurate depictions of man’s best friend, but also captures their character, movement and even their “small men complexes”.
The exhibition is a celebration of mostly British breeds with the inclusion of paintings and prints.
Click here or on the image on the right to preview the show.
The A-Z of dogs, Rebecca Hossack Art Gallery, London. From 1-21 April. www.r-h-g.co.uk
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
voicesJust when you thought you could find a man, get married, and have a baby by the age of 35... it turns out you’re too late, says Grace Dent
sportNapoli 2 Arsenal 0: Gunners must now face either Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid or Barcelona in knock-out stages
techLuke Blackall reports on precision engineered prams and babygros that monitor your child 24-7
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
£77099.84 - £96375.26 per annum + Bonus + Benefits : Harrington Starr: My clie...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus and Package: Harrington Starr: Trading appli...
£35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Developer (Win...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior QA Engineer Tes...