PS Right on track at Clapham Junction
Wednesday 09 February 2005
The property details say the house is "conveniently located for local transport". Well, like so many other examples of estate-agent-speak, that's one hell of an understatement. The house has a pretty decked top-floor roof terrace, which is slap-bang next to the tracks at Clapham Junction; so close, in fact, that if you took a fancy to one of the commuters on the 8.25 to Waterloo while it was making an unscheduled stop outside your back yard, you'd practically be able to jump into the carriage with them.
Apart from the trainspottery roof terrace, the house is spacious, with an open-plan double reception room leading to a handcrafted Ralph Alexander kitchen. There's also a downstairs guest WC, cellar, a large stylish family bathroom with bath and separate shower, and a separate patio garden on ground level.
Amies Street runs between Lavender Hill and Latchmere Road and is close to all the popular bars and restaurants of bustling Battersea Rise. (pounds 380,000, Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward, 020-7924 1944)
Life & Style blogs
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 4 George Galloway attacked on Notting Hill street by man 'shouting about the holocaust'
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
- < Previous
- Next >
£45000 - £69999 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Algo-Develo...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Data Sc...
£50000 - £80000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Data Sci...
£350 - £400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...