The Renovation Game: Ferniehowe Steading, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Wednesday 30 January 2008
What's for sale?
You might think this looks like an uninhabitable shack, and you'd be right. But with views across Dinnet Moor and the Dee valley, and planning permission to convert these stables into a home with two bedrooms, bathroom and kitchen/dining/living area, there is plenty of potential here.
It needs the works. Any conversion must be within the existing frame, and services aren't yet connected. The building needs total restructuring; partition walls, wiring, plumbing and, of course, decoration. The garden should be landscaped, too, so this is no small project.
This is a remote site, yet only six miles from Aboyne. A jolly town, annual Highland games take place there, and there's a secondary school. Aberdeen is an hour's drive away. You'd be looking at £100,000 to get this into peak condition, and it would then be worth in excess of £250,000.
Strutt & Parker: 01330 826 800
Life & Style blogs
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
Greece debt crisis: Angela Merkel and Francois Hollande issue Athens with 24-hour ultimatum to avoid crashing out of the euro
Greece crisis: Referendum exposes a gaping hole at the heart of the European Union – its lack of genuine legitimacy
- 1 Florida man sentenced to two-and-a-half years for having sex on the beach in front of a child
- 2 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 3 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 4 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 5 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Business Analyst is required ...
£16000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To succeed, you will need to ha...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join an award winni...
£7 - £9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: Are you outgoing? Do you want to work in...