Three to view/ in the pink
Saturday 08 November 1997
Penny Cottage is Grade II listed and around 200 years old. Named after an old coin found when it was formed from a row of cottage in 1972. The three-bedroom house in Pleshey, north-west Essex has an an 18ft office/playroom above a double garage. The cottage is up for sale at pounds 185,000 through Trembath Welch (01371 872117).
Pannells, in Tilbury Green, near Halstead in Essex, is Grade II listed but needs restoration. In partly moated grounds of two acres, it has six bedrooms, two bathrooms and a heavily beamed dining room, with oak panelling on one wall. Offers sough around pounds 225,000. (Strutt & Parker, 01245 258201).
Life & Style blogs
Plus London's buy-to-let hotspots and a new property portal
Guest post by Richard Sexton, business development director of e.surv chartered surveyors
Plus lateral thinking and living on London's waterways
- 1 Pope Francis: Being an atheist is alright as long as you do good
- 2 'He was always smiling': Lee Rigby named as Woolwich victim
- 3 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 4 Archaeologists uncover nearly 5,000 cave paintings in Burgos, Mexico
- 5 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.