Trust goes for gold

Click to follow
The Independent Online
The National Trust has acquired its first Modern Movement house in Hampstead. No 2 Willow Road was designed and built by the architect Erno Goldfinger in 1939. It was given to the Treasury in lieu of tax and transferred to the trust with a pounds 200,000 grant from the National Heritage Memorial Fund. With the gift comes some of Goldfinger's furniture, and paintings and sculptures by his wife, Ursula Blackwell.

Comments