Clear thinking: The allure of glassware has never been more transparent
Sunday 20 February 2011
1. Kastehelmi bowls
Littala, £40 for set of four. These recently reissued apple-green bowls are decorated with glass droplets. cloudberryliving.co.uk
2. Hula-rocking glass tumblers
Heals, £18.50 for set of four. Give your tipple a tilt with these quirky glasses available in a "hot" yellow-red or "cool" blue-green colour set. 0870 024 0780, heals.co.uk
3. Vino wine-glass chandelier
Leitmotiv, large £295, small £145. Quench your style thirst with this eccentric statement fitting. 0844 884 2340, dutchbydesign.com
4. Water carafe
Rockett St George, £19.99. With its four glasses stackable on to its neck, this is quintessential bistro chic. 020 8350 5450, rockettstgeorge.co.uk
5. Whitefriars glass bark vase
Retropolitan, £200. This bumpily patterned 1960s vessel is one of many gorgeous glassware pieces on offer from this vintage homeware company. 07870 422 182, retropolitan.co.uk
6. Enamel high-tea cake stand
Laura Ashley, £45. Let them eat cake decorously with this ornate three-tiered design. 0871 230 2301 , lauraashley.com
Life & Style blogs
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
John Barrowman praised for Commonwealth Games opening ceremony gay kiss
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer provokes moral outrage from US parenting groups
- 4 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
£600 - £650 per day: Orgtel: Conduct Risk Liaison Manager - Banking - London -...
Highly Attractive Package: Austen Lloyd: CITY - COMMERCIAL LITIGATION - GLOBAL...
£65000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: The client is a...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A well-established software house ba...