Feeling flush? This is the loo for you
A London hotel is boasting about a loo with a directional massage jet, automatic lid, "power deodoriser", heated seat, and, slightly terrifyingly, a "rimless bowl with triple-jet tornado flush".
Billed as London's most expensive loo, it will cost £10,000 for your very own Toto Neorest LE or £1,850 per night to spend a penny at the May Fair hotel.
While Japan has been famous for hi-tech loos for years, Brits have been content with a more basic approach to that most basic function. But now Toto, which launched the first paperless bidet-toilet hybrid in 1980, is trying to convince us of the merits of robotic conveniences. It opened a UK showroom in 2010 and reports growing demand.
To which we say, bog off! This is the land of ballcock inventor, Thomas Crapper, and vast arrays of loo rolls. We're supposed to look at bidets as if they have landed from another planet (or France). And if we wanted to conclude our seated ablutions with a "tornado jet" we'd travel to Kansas during storm season.
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
- 1 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 2 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 3 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 4 News agency criticised for describing Amal Clooney as 'actor's wife' in coverage of human rights trial
- 5 David De Gea to Real Madrid: Real finally get their man with £29m bid for Manchester United goalkeeper
£28000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£22000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company's mission is to ma...
£13832 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This 5 star leisure destination on the w...
£20000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Account Manager is requ...