Industrial revolution: Turn back the clock with these magnificent metallics
Sunday 24 July 2011
1. Gasometer plate
People Will Always Need Plates, £25. Part of the boutique tableware designers' "British Industry is Dead, Long Live British Industry" collection. peoplewillalwaysneedplates.co.uk
2. Eastern Bloc factory pendants
Skinflint Design, £ 340. One of many imposingly industrial fixtures from this reclaimed-lighting specialist. 01326 314 528, skinflintdesign.co.uk
3. Manhattan chest
John Lewis, £750. This 24-drawer iron unit with code-inscribed drawers is a cryptic comfort. 08456 049 049, johnlewis.com
4. Hector Chair
Barker & Stonehouse, £1,229. Recline and fall into this mid-century-style leather-and-metal piece. 01642 230 988, barkerandstonehouse.co.uk
5. Salvage Wallpaper
Cole & Son, £77 a roll. Give your walls a coat of tarnish with this stunning copper and verdigris design. 020 7376 4628, cole-and-son.com
6. Bicycle Chain Mirror
Bubbledrum, £84. A quirky looking-glass that's the very definition of up-cycling. 020 3092 8974 , bubbledrum.co.uk
New essay by JK Rowling went live on Pottermore site on Friday
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Woman blinded as a child can see again after hitting her head on a coffee table
- 4 Paul Hollywood: Police asked if I wanted them to arrest Mary Berry for vandalism after she 'defaced' my car
- 5 If you think Russell Brand’s new book is confused, you should read what his critics have to say about it
£40000 - £65000 per annum + bonus + benefits + OT: Ampersand Consulting LLP: M...
£22800 - £33600 per annum: Randstad Education Manchester Secondary: The JobAt ...
£22800 - £33600 per annum: Randstad Education Manchester Secondary: Calling al...
£100 - £125 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: EYFS Teachers - East Essex...