Know your lace: Because it's not just for doilies and dresses...
Sunday 05 February 2012
1. Indigo Lace Drum Lampshade
Heal's, £62. Let your delicate style shine through with this paper shade. 08700 240 780, heals.co.uk
2. Black beaded lace wallpaper
Jocelyn Warner, £89 a roll. This stunning design is topped off with tiny glass beads for both texture and sparkle. 01323 430 886, wallpaperdirect.co.uk
3. Driade Miss Lacy Easy chair
Philippe Starck, £1,621.80. Baroque style is given a contemporary spin with this funky stainless-steel armchair. 0114 243 3000, nest.co.uk
4. Lace trim
Arlette Ess, from £150/metre, to order. Why not give your upholstery some wings with this macabre, fly-patterned fabric? Guts for Garters, Bottom Floor, The Cob Gallery, 205 Royal College Street, London NW1 (gutsforgarters.com)
5. Lace Tea Set
Roost Living, £65. This groove-y teacup, saucer and cake plate set has been hand-rolled using cotton lace doilies. 020 7485 3455, roostliving.com
6. Faded lace cushion
Clements Ribeiro for John Lewis, £75. This lace-print dip-dye cushion from the fashion design duo is also available in brown. 0845 600 2202, johnlewis.com
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Extend Right To Buy to tenants of private landlords, Labour's Jeremy Corbyn says
David Cameron struck double blow in his hopes to win Britain a new EU deal
Pentagon accuses Russia of 'playing with fire' over nuclear threats towards Nato
- 1 Michael Douglas regrets 'embarrassing' Catherine Zeta-Jones with oral sex comments
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 Tunisian builder has been hailed a hero after knocking gunman to the ground with roof tiles
- 4 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 5 E.L James's #AskELJames Twitter Q&A didn't go exactly as planned
£20000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Simulation Tec...
£15000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£40000 - £60000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The position will be home based...
£18000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are friendly, sociable, ...