Revel in the rustic: Farmhouse charm no matter where you live
Sunday 15 May 2011
1. Milk-bottle measuring cups
Anthropologie, £22. These cute, compact measuring vessels will have you baking till the cows come home. 0203 119 2907, anthropologie.eu
2. Classical white two-cupboard shelf unit
Sweetpea & Willow, £695. No faux-farmhouse would be complete without a sturdy dresser like this beautiful, antique-look mahogany piece. 0845 257 2627, sweetpeaandwillow.com
3. Hovis tins
Pedlars, small £32.50, large £45. Cosy up your windowsill with these loaf-sized planters. 01330 850 400, pedlars.co.uk
4. Juke armchair
Made.com, £399. Upholstered with a hessian wheat sack, this striking seat is a veritable barn-stormer. made.com
5. Large rustic clock
Live Laugh Love, £34.95. This charmingly battered timepiece is one of a range of distressed-finish clocks from the countryside-inspired interiors company. 01342 842 599, livelaughlove.co.uk
6. French-check cushion cover
Cabbage & Roses, £30. Keep things rurally restrained with this classic monochrome pattern. 020 7352 7333, cabbagesandroses.com
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
- 1 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 2 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamaphobia
£23000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This small, friendly, proactive...
£14500 - £22800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Software Developer is required to join a lea...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: A first rate opportunity to join a top ranking...