Revel in the rustic: Farmhouse charm no matter where you live
Sunday 15 May 2011
1. Milk-bottle measuring cups
Anthropologie, £22. These cute, compact measuring vessels will have you baking till the cows come home. 0203 119 2907, anthropologie.eu
2. Classical white two-cupboard shelf unit
Sweetpea & Willow, £695. No faux-farmhouse would be complete without a sturdy dresser like this beautiful, antique-look mahogany piece. 0845 257 2627, sweetpeaandwillow.com
3. Hovis tins
Pedlars, small £32.50, large £45. Cosy up your windowsill with these loaf-sized planters. 01330 850 400, pedlars.co.uk
4. Juke armchair
Made.com, £399. Upholstered with a hessian wheat sack, this striking seat is a veritable barn-stormer. made.com
5. Large rustic clock
Live Laugh Love, £34.95. This charmingly battered timepiece is one of a range of distressed-finish clocks from the countryside-inspired interiors company. 01342 842 599, livelaughlove.co.uk
6. French-check cushion cover
Cabbage & Roses, £30. Keep things rurally restrained with this classic monochrome pattern. 020 7352 7333, cabbagesandroses.com
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 An obsessive’s documenting of Israeli war crimes in Lebanon can show us how the West lost respect for international law
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Capita Education is wo...
£700 - £800 per day: Harrington Starr: Data Warehouse Programme Manager (SQL, ...
£700 - £800 per day: Harrington Starr: Technical Programme Manager, (Static Da...
£42000 - £46500 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Big 4 Opportunity...