Revel in the rustic: Farmhouse charm no matter where you live
Sunday 15 May 2011
1. Milk-bottle measuring cups
Anthropologie, £22. These cute, compact measuring vessels will have you baking till the cows come home. 0203 119 2907, anthropologie.eu
2. Classical white two-cupboard shelf unit
Sweetpea & Willow, £695. No faux-farmhouse would be complete without a sturdy dresser like this beautiful, antique-look mahogany piece. 0845 257 2627, sweetpeaandwillow.com
3. Hovis tins
Pedlars, small £32.50, large £45. Cosy up your windowsill with these loaf-sized planters. 01330 850 400, pedlars.co.uk
4. Juke armchair
Made.com, £399. Upholstered with a hessian wheat sack, this striking seat is a veritable barn-stormer. made.com
5. Large rustic clock
Live Laugh Love, £34.95. This charmingly battered timepiece is one of a range of distressed-finish clocks from the countryside-inspired interiors company. 01342 842 599, livelaughlove.co.uk
6. French-check cushion cover
Cabbage & Roses, £30. Keep things rurally restrained with this classic monochrome pattern. 020 7352 7333, cabbagesandroses.com
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Greece debt crisis explained: A history of just how the country landed itself in such a mess
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Greek debt crisis: Yanis Varoufakis's funniest (and most memorable) quotes
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Trainee Vehicle Inspectors / Pu...
£18000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£18000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive is required t...
£25000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This innovative online car purc...