The 10 Best bedside lamps
Lovely ways to light up your life
This glass light's natural curved shape gives a soft, ambient light. It will fit naturally into pretty much any interior.
2. Helen Aubergin
Perfect for rooms with a rich colour palette, this elegant and stylish lamp comes from the Every Day Essential range.
3. Lilly Champagne Glass
A champagne-glass base with a chrome plinth and faux silk shade will inject some sophistication into your boudoir.
4. Eve £35, johnlewis.com
The cream resin base, slender stem and tapered and pleated silk shade combine to form one of the most feminine lamps around.
£145, frenchbedroom company.co.uk
This lamp's shade is made from thick felt with various butterflies cut into the fabric.
6. Vintage Stick
There's a slightly vintage feel to this lamp, with its pleated fabric shade and steel base.
7. Monte Carlo Twin
An unusual lamp that features an antique-inspired brass body, a pair of gold string shades and two amber crystal drops.
8. Small Cone
With a rubberwood cone-shaped base and natural cream shade here's a lamp that would find a place in most bedrooms.
9. Colour Match pair of touch table lamps
The chrome stand contrasts nicely with the black fabric shades and they are touch-activated as well.
Children will love this fantastic bedside lamp. The fluorescent on-off switch means that it is easy to find at night.
Life & Style blogs
Guest post by Richard Sexton, business development director of e.surv chartered surveyors
Plus lateral thinking and living on London's waterways
Other popular areas include Didsbury, Clifton in Bristol, central Cambridge and West Bridgford
- 1 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 2 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 3 Grace Dent: I’m not sure how these people can avoid being called ‘bigots’. And the more ‘civilised’, the worse they are
- 4 Woolwich murder: They killed, then they performed - these men should be starved of our attention
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.