The 10 best heaters
Thursday 16 February 2012
1. DeLonghi Retro Fan Heater
This heater has a powerful 3kW output, two heat settings and a cool function for hot weather, plus plenty of nifty safety features.
2. DeLonghi Convector Heater
This offering from DeLonghi has three heat settings, power-cord storage, a thermostat and a timer.
3. Dyson Hot
The Dyson Hot heats the whole room, produces no smell, can be set to a precise temperature setting and boasts a remote control.
From £826, bisque.co.uk
Available in more than 2,000 colours and various sizes, this is a sleek update of an old favourite but without the loud pipe noises.
5. Bionaire Electric Fireplace Heater
This wall-mountable electric fireplace adds warmth and atmosphere to medium to large rooms.
6. Dimplex Studio G
This tower heater has a powerful 2.5kW output, two heat settings, an LED display with touch-control panel and a timer.
7. Blyss Wall-Mounted Heater
If you want a heater that's well out of sight, just fix this high up your wall and use the remote control to switch on one of two heat settings.
8. Dunelm Mill Fan Heater
This heater is cheap, yet it features two heat settings, as well as a cool one for the summer, and has overheat protection and a carry handle.
9. NScessity Three-Way Fan Heater
The beauty of the NScessity is its three heat-flow positions – horizontal, vertical and upright.
10. Dimplex MicroFire
The MicroFire has two heat settings and the carry handle makes it portable. Available in black- or red-gloss casing.
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
'Women, walk wherever you want' posters taken down in Stamford Hill following 'unacceptable' signs separating men and women
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
- 1 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 2 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 3 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- 4 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >
£28000 - £30000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A highly successfully con...
£23000 - £25000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: An established and highly...
£60000 - £75000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: This is a busy and varied role w...
£21000 - £35000 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: Maths teacher require...