Work for IPL
Tuesday 27 November 2007
The Independent and The Independent on Sunday are modern newspapers with a mission to take the broader view. Launched in 1986 and 1990 respectively, these innovative newspapers are changing the face of British national newspapers in the 21st century.
With award-winning journalists, The Independent has been twice chosen as Newspaper of the Year.
Independent Educational Publishing produces a variety of publications for the Education and Careers industry, adding another successful string to the Independent Print Limited bow.
People are the fundamentally most important aspect to the success of the company. That's why we place such a huge emphasis on attracting and retaining staff. Only the very best candidates are recruited to Independent Print Limited to ensure that the company's success, proficiency and innovation continue to grow.
IPL in London offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits, which vary depending on the area of business:
· 25 days' holiday per year
· Company pension scheme, after a qualifying period, with the company matching employees' contributions, up to 6% of annual salary. Members of the pension scheme also receive life assurance cover, based on three times the annual salary.
· Private healthcare or Permanent Health Insurance (depending on business area and length of service)
· Employee Assistance Programme for employees, their partners and live-in dependants
· Subsidised on-site canteen
Editorial work experience
Unpaid work experience for a maximum period of two weeks at any time is offered to post-graduate journalism students who need to undertake it as part of their course. Unfortunately we are fully booked for 2012 and currently unable to take anyone else this year. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or if you have any queries. For full terms and conditions relating to our work experience click here
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we regret that we will not be able to respond individually to every application.
- 1 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 2 Charles Saatchi accepts caution for assault over incident in Scott’s restaurant when he put his hands on throat of wife Nigella Lawson
- 3 Anatomy of a waiter: Service staff spill the secrets of their trade
- 4 Exclusive: Cristiano Ronaldo advised to stay at Real Madrid for another 18 months before making possible switch to Manchester United
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria