Work for IPL
Tuesday 27 November 2007
The Independent and The Independent on Sunday are modern newspapers with a mission to take the broader view. Launched in 1986 and 1990 respectively, these innovative newspapers are changing the face of British national newspapers in the 21st century.
With award-winning journalists, The Independent has been twice chosen as Newspaper of the Year.
Independent Educational Publishing produces a variety of publications for the Education and Careers industry, adding another successful string to the Independent Print Limited bow.
People are the fundamentally most important aspect to the success of the company. That's why we place such a huge emphasis on attracting and retaining staff. Only the very best candidates are recruited to Independent Print Limited to ensure that the company's success, proficiency and innovation continue to grow.
IPL in London offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits, which vary depending on the area of business:
· 25 days' holiday per year
· Company pension scheme, after a qualifying period, with the company matching employees' contributions, up to 6% of annual salary. Members of the pension scheme also receive life assurance cover, based on three times the annual salary.
· Private healthcare or Permanent Health Insurance (depending on business area and length of service)
· Employee Assistance Programme for employees, their partners and live-in dependants
· Subsidised on-site canteen
Editorial work experience
Unpaid work experience for a maximum period of two weeks at any time is offered to post-graduate journalism students who need to undertake it as part of their course. Unfortunately we are fully booked for 2012 and currently unable to take anyone else this year. Please email email@example.com to apply or if you have any queries. For full terms and conditions relating to our work experience click here
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we regret that we will not be able to respond individually to every application.
Emergency call 'started off dumb, but got pretty serious'
Britain First criticised for using actress's memory to draw attention to their 'hate-filled home page'
Thought you'd seen it all after the Jeremy Paxman interview?
Greatest mystery about the hit BBC1 show is how it continues to be made at all, writes Grace Dent
"History is violent," says the US Army tank commander Don "Wardaddy" Collier
Striker's four-month ban for biting an opponent expires on Friday
Argentinian scored 'rabona' wonder goal for Tottenham in Europa League – see it here
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella