Friday 02 June 1995
John Stephenson and Mark Nicholas both came good yesterday, with Stephenson making 65 and Nicholas striking two sixes in a good 75. Glamorgan lost their England A batsman, David Hemp, as he locked a knee attempting a sliding stop and was taken to hospital for an X-ray.
Kent's Aravinda de Silva was on course for the fastest Championship century of the season when a hailstorm ended play against Durham at Chester-le- Street. He raced to 79 not out off 68 balls, but with Kent on 144 for four, play was abandoned.
Half centuries of contrasting styles by Adrian Rollins and Colin Wells formed the backbone of Derbyshire's batting against Middlesex at Lord's. Wells struck the ball confidently from the start, and reached his second successive Championship fifty off only 67 deliveries, in contrast to Rollins, who needed 170 balls.
The pace bowler Jason Lewry claimed a career-best 6 for 45 as Gloucestershire were hustled out for 202, their lowest championship score of the season, against Sussex at Hove.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Ireland gay marriage vote: 'No' campaign appears to concede amid reports of 'yes' landslide victory
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...