Thursday 05 January 1995
Grit Breuer, the former European 400m champion who is eligible to run again in August after a three-year drugs ban, plans to compete at next year's Atlanta Olympics. The 22-year-old German was banned for three years in August 1993, along with Katrin Krabbe and Manuela Derr, after admitting taking clenbuterol. Also, the former Olympic discus champion, Jurgen Schult, said yesterday that Breuer and her coach, Thomas Springstein, would switch from the Neubrandenburg club to Schult's club, Schwerin. "Breuer is getting only a small amount of money and Springstein is getting nothing," Schult said. "They have changed clubs because we are the only club who would accept Springstein as her coach."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Autistic adults could take pure MDMA to 'reduce social anxiety'
- 2 Before you complain about your GP, this is what you need to know about actually doing the job
- 3 Father of 12 accused of raping, beating, starving and abusing his own children in US 'cult'
- 4 Britain's Got Talent 2015: Jamie Raven divides Twitter as fans expose mind-boggling magic trick
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: One of the South East's fastest growing full s...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£30000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Estimating, preparation of tech...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will work as part of a smal...