Thursday 05 January 1995
Grit Breuer, the former European 400m champion who is eligible to run again in August after a three-year drugs ban, plans to compete at next year's Atlanta Olympics. The 22-year-old German was banned for three years in August 1993, along with Katrin Krabbe and Manuela Derr, after admitting taking clenbuterol. Also, the former Olympic discus champion, Jurgen Schult, said yesterday that Breuer and her coach, Thomas Springstein, would switch from the Neubrandenburg club to Schult's club, Schwerin. "Breuer is getting only a small amount of money and Springstein is getting nothing," Schult said. "They have changed clubs because we are the only club who would accept Springstein as her coach."
Latest in Sport
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...