Basketball: Amaechi sets record to earn Sharks the double
Sheffield Sharks 82 London Towers 79
Monday 09 March 1998
Amazingly, Amaechi nearly threw it all away 32 seconds from time when he rushed a shot with 15 seconds still on the shot clock and the Towers leading 79-78. The Sharks hustled possession back from Towers and James Hamilton fouled Wilbur Johnson to send Sheffield's American to the line.
Johnson had earlier missed his first four free throws, but this time scored with the first and when his second rebounded and was knocked out of court off a Towers' player, the inbound pass reached Myers, and his shot neatly swished through the net.
Sheffield: McKinney 3, Myers 10, Robinson 22, Cauthorn 4, Amaechi 40, Johnson 3. London: Berkovitch 7, Brown 9, Robinson 13, Lewis 23, Baldi 6, Austin 6, Deppisch 6, Hamilton 9.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst - C++, Boost...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Service Desk Analyst- (Desktop Su...
£30000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst (Machine Lea...
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Harrington Starr: UNIX Application Support Analyst-...