Alex Hales earns IPL nod from Notts
Monday 04 November 2013
England international Alex Hales has signed a new three-year contract with Nottinghamshire after being given the go-ahead to play in the Indian Premier League.
Hales, who is ranked the world’s No 1 batsman in international Twenty20 cricket, admitted he was considering becoming a freelance T20 player.
Nottinghamshire refused to allow players to take part in the IPL this year, but have relented in Hales’ case provided he secures at least £250,000 worth of contracts.
- 1 Edward Heath 'raped 12 year-old boy at Mayfair flat'
- 2 London is the most googled city in the world
- 3 Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 4 Giant Minion terrorises drivers in Ireland as 40ft inflatable blocks traffic on Dublin road
- 5 Richard Dawkins ridicules Sabrina Corgatelli for claiming her giraffe kill was 'ethical'
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Chris Leslie: Jeremy Corbyn's anti-austerity agenda will harm the poor, says Labour shadow Chancellor
Landlords renting properties to illegal immigrants to face up to five years in prison
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Labour leadership race: Jeremy Corbyn could be the next Prime Minister, says Ken Clarke