Anderson called up for Ashes decider
Monday 05 September 2005
Anderson or Collingwood could replace Simon Jones in the final line-up against Australia if the pace bowler does not recover from an ankle injury.
"We feel that James Anderson's inclusion in the squad will give the captain and coach another bowling option in the event of Simon being unfit to play," David Graveney, the England and Wales Cricket Board's chairman of selectors, said.
The 12th man for the first four Tests, the uncapped seamer Chris Tremlett, has been dropped. "We feel that he is not at the top of his game," Graveney said.
Australia, the world champions who must win to retain the Ashes, have yet to name their squad but their strike bowler Glenn McGrath has declared himself fit after missing two of the past three Tests with ankle and elbow problems.
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Katie Hopkins reported to the police for race hatred by Labour MP Simon Danczuk after tweet about Pakistani men