Ashes quiz answers
Tuesday 23 November 2010
1. How many wickets did Wilfred Rhodes take in England's 4-1 victory in 1911-12?
2. Who has scored most runs for England in an Ashes series?
3. How many times have England won an Ashes Test match after following on?
Twice – in 1894-95 and 1981
4. What number did Don Bradman bat in his first Test match?
5. Name the five England batsmen who've hit three tons or more in an away Ashes.
Jack Hobbs, Herbert Sutcliffe, Wally Hammond, Chris Broad, Michael Vaughan
6. When did England last regain the Ashes in Australia?
7. When did Australia last regain the Ashes in Australia?
8. Who were the captains in the series when England were beaten 5-0?
In 1921 Warwick Armstrong (Aus) and Johnny Douglas (Eng); in 2006-07 Ricky Ponting (Aus) and Andrew Flintoff (Eng)
9. Who took over from Bill Lawry during the Ashes in 1970-71?
10. Who scored the four hundreds for England in 1974-75?
Tony Greig, Alan Knott, Mike Denness, Keith Fletcher
11. Who took 10 wickets at Sydney in his last Test match in 2002-03?
12. Who is the only Australia captain to have twice lost the Ashes in England?
13. Name England's Aussie bowling coach.
14. Who is the only player to have represented England and Australia in the Ashes?
Billy Midwinter, first for Australia then for England then agaimn for Australia between 1877 and 1887
15. Who has scored most Ashes runs for England? And taken most wickets?
Jack Hobbs (3636) and Ian Botham (148).
MotoGP Qatar Grand Prix 2015: Five things we can expect this season plus what to look out for as Marc Marquez begins title defence
WrestleMania 31: What time does it start? Full match card and preview ahead of WWE event
Gareth Bale to Chelsea: Real Madrid to be 'tempted by £75m offer' this summer
Thierry Henry shows he's still got it with incredible pass against Jamie Carragher's side during Steven Gerrard tribute match
Manchester United transfer news: Chris Smalling and Phil Jones face uncertain future with contract renewal talks on hold
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Is this bridge haunted by the ghost of nu rave?
- 3 Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers