Audio: England prepare for winner-takes-all Stanford match
Thursday 23 October 2008
The money-spinning Stanford Super Series is about to get underway in the Caribbean in what promises to be one of the most exciting and controversial events in the history of cricket.
Kevin Pietersen's men will take on a West Indies select XI, the Stanford Superstars, on Saturday 1 November in a winner-takes-all $20m match in Antigua.
England will also take on this season's Twenty20 Cup champions, Middlesex, and Trinidad & Tobago.
To coincide with this landmark event The Independent has linked up with PA Sport to produce a series of podcasts throughout the series.
Click below to listen to the first podcast, which is a preview of the whole series.
The podcast includes:
* An interview with PA Sport's cricket reporter who will be in the Caribbean for the series, Richard Gibson.
* An in-studio discussion about the Stanford series and Twenty20 cricket in general with PA Sport's cricket expert, Rory Dollard.
* A contribution from umpiring legend Dickie Bird.
* An interview with Paul Winslow, of the England supporters group, The Barmy Army
We will bring you three more podcasts throughout the series. They will include more fun-packed features and contributions from Middlesex captain Shaun Udal and Kent and England batsman Robert Key.
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: The biggest fight of all time, or maybe just the most lucrative?
Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
What time does Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao start?
Arsenal transfer targets: The summer signings that would please Thierry Henry, including Sami Khedira and Edinson Cavani
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: What time does it start and where can I watch it?
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Frank Lampard's face drops when Holly Willoughby introduces him as a 'Man City legend'
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 5 General Election 2015: Stephen Hawking says he will vote Labour
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
Andrew Lloyd Webber: Phantom of the Opera writer mocked after issuing a warning about Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon
General election 2015: Labour will toughen hate crimes legislation surrounding Islamophobia
HSBC review into moving headquarters from UK 'underway'