County Championship round-up: Saeed Ajmal signs off in style at Worcester
Second Division leaders Worcestershire gave Saeed Ajmal a winning send-off as they overpowered Leicestershire by 204 runs at New Road and took another step towards securing promotion.
The Pakistan off-spinner took seven more wickets in the match for a total of 63 in nine games. He was aided by all-rounder Joe Leach in dismissing Leicestershire for 253.
Essex scraped to a two-wicket win over Hampshire thanks largely to Ravi Bopara’s unbeaten 48. Hampshire set Essex a target of 133 after being bowled out for 171 earlier today – with Jesse Ryder and pace bowler Greg Smith taking three and four wickets respectively – but they made hard work of the chase after a mid-order collapse.
In tonight’s Twenty20 Blast game, Kevin Pietersen hit 39 off 28 balls as Surrey overhauled Somerset’s total of 136 with five balls to spare to win by three wickets at The Oval.
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'