England women seal 43-run win
Friday 28 September 2012
Openers Laura Marsh and Charlotte Edwards shone with the bat before spinner Holly Colvin bamboozled with the ball as England Women opened their World Twenty20 campaign with a 43-run victory over Pakistan in Galle.
Marsh, with a career-best 54 off 41 balls, and captain Edwards (45) put on 102 as England went on to reach 133 from their innings.
Colvin then recorded her best T20 figures as she claimed four for nine off 3.4 overs to help dismiss Pakistan for 90 in reply, with top-scoring Javeria Khan (23) one of Colvin's victims.
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991 with most Brits wanting to stay in'