England's India itinerary altered again
Monday 01 December 2008
The Indian cricket board has altered England's tour itinerary and dropped the lone warmup game.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India says the opening test match will now be played from 11-15 December in the southern city of Chennai. The northern Indian city of Mohali will stage the second test from 19-23 December.
Chennai was chosen as the alternative venue in place of Mumbai, where last week's terrorist attacks killed at least 172 people. On Monday, the Indian board also changed the venue of the other test match from Ahmadabad, which was earlier supposed to host the opening test.
Indian cricket board secretary N. Srinivasan says the lone warmup game from 5-7 December was dropped from the schedule.
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Dear 'The Sun', breast cancer isn't sexy
- 4 Teacher shows sex tape featuring herself to pupils during class by mistake
- 5 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Vince Cable: Teachers 'know absolutely nothing' about the world of work
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised