England’s options for second Test
England have three days to rectify flaws
Replace Ian Bell, who has flown home on paternity leave, with either Eoin Morgan or Johnny Bairstow, probably Morgan because he is left-handed, and leave the rest alone.
Make the batting change and also omit Tim Bresnan, the third seamer who had an indifferent match, for Monty Panesar as a second specialist spinner.
Make the batting change, include Panesar for Bresnan, but also introduce the fast bowler Steve Finn for Stuart Broad.
Make the batting change, play Panesar, Finn and Broad in a five man attack with Jimmy Anderson and Graeme Swann, and move Matt Prior up to number six in the batting order instead of Samit Patel.
Make two batting changes, bringing in both Morgan and Bairstow for Bell and Patel and two bowling changes, Panesar and Finn for Bresnan and Broad, still keeping a four-man attack.
Diego Costa injury: Chelsea striker a doubt for Everton match due to muscle injury
Mario Balotelli posts hilarious Beatles picture on Instagram as he awaits Liverpool debut
Arsenal transfer news: Arsene Wenger says he will be 'actively involved' on deadline day... but may not buy a striker despite Giroud injury
Arsenal vs Besiktas player ratings: Alexis Sanchez? Jack Wilshere? Mesut Ozil? Who was the star man at the Emirates Stadium?
Champions League draw: Liverpool meet Real Madrid, but should they fear facing the reigning champions?
- 1 Ashya King missing: Police hunt five-year-old boy with brain tumour snatched from Southampton hospital by his parents
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
- 5 Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage