Habib thwarts Essex
Thursday 28 July 2005
Habib was 48 not out with Leicestershire on 132 for 6 when play was abandoned for the day an hour after the tea interval. Essex had been bowled out for 297 on the first day.
Glamorgan paceman Andrew Davies's two quick Bangladesh A wickets were the highlight of an abbreviated second day at Abergavenny yesterday.
Only 10.1 overs were possible in 45 minutes after lunch in between some heavy showers in south Wales. Replying to Glamorgan's 380, Bangladesh A were 54 for 2 before rain stopped play for the day.
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke