Harbhajan out of India ODI squad
Friday 30 September 2011
India have dropped spinner Harbhajan Singh from their squad for the first two of the five-match ODI series with England, in Hyderabad (14 October) and New Delhi (17 October).
Harbhajan struggled on the recent tours of West Indies and England so leg-spinner Rahul Sharma and off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin come in, while medium-pacer Sreenath Aravind gets his first India call-up.
The squad has been weakened through injuries with Sachin Tendulkar, Zaheer Khan, Virender Sehwag and Yuvraj Singh all out.
India squad MS Dhoni (capt), G Gambhir, P Patel, A Rahane, V Kohli, S Raina, R Jadeja, R Ashwin, V Aaron, U Yadav, V Kumar, S Aravind, R Sharma, M Tiwary, P Kumar.
Arsenal vs Chelsea: Praise to Arsene Wenger for having the courage of his convictions
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: The biggest fight of all time, or maybe just the most lucrative?
What time does Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao start?
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: What time does it start and where can I watch it?
Chelsea transfer news: 'Eden Hazard will cost Real Madrid £100m - and a Galactico,' says Jose Mourinho
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Why this father didn’t hide his daughter’s heroin overdose in her obituary
- 3 Smartphones are making children borderline autistic, says psychiatrist
- 4 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 5 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove