Kent suffer blow as trio leave club
Thursday 29 September 2011
Kent lost three senior figures yesterday in a turbulent day for the club. Director of cricket Paul Farbrace has resigned after two years in the job, while leading batsmen Martin van Jaarsveld and Joe Denly have opted to leave the county as well.
South African veteran Van Jaarsveld asked to leave his contract a year early and has signed for Leicestershire, while former England Twenty20 opener Denly has agreed a deal with Middlesex.
- 1 I was raped by another man. And now the Government wants to take away the one thing that saved my life
- 2 Wikipedia edits from inside Parliament removing scandals from MPs' pages, investigation finds
- 3 Preston fan who appeared to snatch Jermaine Beckford's shirt from eight-year-old boy identified and says: 'the truth will come out'
- 4 Johnny Depp facing 10 years in jail for illegally bringing dogs to Australia
- 5 Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote