Kevin Pietersen, James Anderson and Graeme Swann rested for ODI series against Australia
The trio need a break says England head coach Andy Flower
Kevin Pietersen, Jimmy Anderson and Graeme Swann will all be rested for the one-day and Twenty 20 series against Australia which will follow the Ashes.
“They’re all in their thirties now and we have got to look after their bodies a little,” said Andy Flower, the England coach. “We can’t play these guys all the time otherwise, physically, they would break down.”
England ODI squad: Alastair Cook (capt), Gary Ballance, Ian Bell, Ravi Bopara, Tim Bresnan, Danny Briggs, Stuart Broad, Jos Buttler, Michael Carberry, Steve Finn, Chris Jordan, Eoin Morgan, Boyd Rankin, Joe Root, Ben Stokes, James Tredwell.
Twenty20 squad: Broad (capt), Bopara, Bresnan, Briggs, Buttler, Jade Dernbach, Finn, Alex Hales, Michael Lumb, Morgan, Rankin, Root, Stokes, Tredwell, Luke Wright.
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture