Mickey Arthur and Cricket Australia fail to reach agreement over pre-Ashes dismissal
Both parties remain confident out-of-court settlement can be reached
Wednesday 24 July 2013
Mickey Arthur and Cricket Australia have failed to reach agreement after a lengthy mediation hearing on Wednesday - but the sacked coach remains confident of reaching an out-of-court settlement with his former employer.
Arthur was sacked by CA and replaced by Darren Lehmann last month, on the eve of the Ashes Series in England.
The South African, who claims he has received no written correspondence and no payment from CA since his shock sacking, is suing the governing body for 4million Australian dollars.
Lawyers from both sides thrashed out the issues surrounding his dismissal for more than five hours in Sydney on Wednesday, with talks scheduled to resume next week.
"Although we didn't come to an outcome today I'm pretty confident there was enough good will in the room to continue talks next week," Arthur said.
"As I said earlier all we want is a fair and reasonable outcome and I'm pretty sure that we'll achieve that next week."
Asked if any compromise had been reached on Wednesday, Arthur replied: "No it was just talks today. We just spoke today and as I said I'm confident there was enough goodwill for us to get a fair outcome next week."
Arthur has previously claimed he was discriminated against because of his South African heritage and has said his reputation and future employment prospects may have been damaged beyond repair.
He believes he was left with no option other than to take legal action after confidential details of his case were leaked to the media on Sunday.
Since Arthur's sacking, the Australian team battled to a dramatic 14-run loss to England in the first Test at Trent Bridge before being hammered to the tune of 347 runs in the second test at Lord's.
James Rodriguez to Real Madrid: Would Colombian star fit in with Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale?
William Carvalho to Arsenal? Gunners make new enquiry for £35m rated midfielder
Manchester United transfer news: More signings expected, indicates Ed Woodward
WWE Battleground 2014 results: John Cena and The Miz are the big winners on a night to forget in Tampa, Florida
Chelsea transfer news: Completed summer deals - including Diego Costa and Cesc Fabregas
- 1 Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
- 2 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 3 Saneie Masilela, 9, marries Helen Shabangu, 53 years his senior, for the second time
- 4 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 5 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains