New Zealand bowled out for 45 against South Africa
Black Caps stunned in Cape Town after opting to bat
New Zealand were bowled out for 45 runs in their first innings on the opening day of their first Test against South Africa this morning.
The tourists had won the toss and the new Black Caps skipper Brendon McCullum opted to bat, yet his side were all out before lunch.
Kane Williamson top scored with 13 for New Zealand, the only player to reach double figures.
South African bowler Vernon Philander was the star for the home side in Cape Town with one of the fastest five-wicket hauls in Test history.
Philander had 5-4 in just 4.1 overs before ending with 5-7.
45 is New Zealand's third lowest ever score, and the 12th lowest total of all time.
South Africa finished the day on 252-2.
Ireland v England Six Nations match preview: What time does it start and where can I watch it?
Chelsea vs Tottenham combined XI: Hugo Lloris or Thibaut Courtois? Willian or Christian Eriksen? Who makes the final cut?
Manchester United vs Sunderland match report: Wayne Rooney scores twice but referee Roger East sends off Wes Brown instead of John O'Shea
Manchester United player ratings: Just how bad was Angel Di Maria to be withdrawn at half-time?
Brock Lesnar fuels speculation over his WWE future with appearance at UFC event
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'