Northamptonshire face points penalty after pitch report
Thursday 01 September 2005
Umpires David Shepherd and Mark Benson reported the playing surface after a morning session which saw Lancashire batsman Marcus North struck on the elbow by a Damien Wright delivery which rose up off a good length. Law's well-crafted 111 enabled Lancashire to reach 281 for 8 in response to the hosts' 289.
In the First Division, Nottinghamshire's title aspirations suffered a setback on an abbreviated second day against Glamorgan at Cardiff, despite a century for Darren Bicknell. Only 33 overs were possible because of rain but Nottinghamshire still collapsed from 231 for 2 to 251 for 7 in the face of spin from Robert Croft and Dean Cosker.
Middlesex also slumped from a promising position, going from 178 for 3 to 238 for 6 against Gloucestershire at Bristol.
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'