Notts deal looks Taylor-made
Wednesday 16 November 2011
A deal to take one of England's most promising young batsmen, James Taylor, to Nottinghamshire is "70 per cent" done, according to the club's chief executive, Mike Siddall. The 21-year-old still has a year to run on his contract at Leicestershire but has been allowed to speak to other counties after having decided not to take up the offer of a new contract.
Two former Australia stars are returning to Yorkshire after Jason Gillespie was unveiled as their new first-team coach and opener Phil Jaques as overseas player for the next two seasons.
On the field, V V S Laxman and Mahendra Singh Dhoni hit centuries as India racked up 631 for 7 against West Indies on the second day of the second Test in Kolkata. The tourists then finished on 34 for 2.
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers