Parnell blazes a T20 victory trail
Monday 17 October 2011
Wayne Parnell recovered from a poor bowling spell to help South Africa beat Australia by three wickets in Johannesburg and level their Twenty20 series at 1-1.
Parnell went for 44 off his four overs – including three Mitchell Marsh sixes – as Australia totalled 147 for seven.
But he had more success with the bat, putting on 64 from 27 balls with Rusty Theron to secure victory with five balls to spare.
The hosts were in trouble on 84-7 with five overs to go, but Parnell's 29 off 11 balls, with three fours and two sixes, helped them home on 148-7.
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Ian Herbert: Work still to do before this Liverpool can be compared to class of ’08
The worst owner in football? Vincent Tan faces fan backlash as Malky Mackay clings to Cardiff job
Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
Transfer news: Tottenham Hotspur - January transfer targets
Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker ends exit speculation by signing 'long-term' contract
- 1 Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police