Plunkett drafted in by injury hit England
England have moved to ease their injury crisis by calling up Liam Plunkett to the squad as bowling cover for the first two one-day internationals against South Africa.
The Durham seamer, who is in the squad for the four-match Test series, was initially due to join the team next week but will now link up tomorrow ahead of the opening match on Friday.
Fast bowlers James Anderson (knee) and Stuart Broad (shoulder) are both currently sidelined, although the England management do expect them to be fit for the first one-dayer.
Graeme Swann (intercostal muscle) and Paul Collingwood (back) are also currently nursing injuries, while Alastair Cook is the latest player to have picked up a problem after coming down with a stiff back this morning.
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
David Cameron sets out immigration reforms: We should distrust Ukip and their 'snake-oil of simple solutions'
Ukip mocked after mistaking Westminster Cathedral – for a mosque
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police