Root rouses Lions claim series win
Tuesday 07 February 2012
Joe Root's unbeaten century helped England Lions clinch a 3-2 win in the unofficial one-day series against Sri Lanka A with a 117-run win in Colombo.
The Yorkshire batsman made 110 not out while Jos Buttler hit 64 as the Lions ran up 330 for six. Danny Briggs and Samit Patel then took three wickets each as Sri Lanka A were dismissed for 213.
Meanwhile Yuvraj Singh's cancer is curable, a New Delhi oncologist said yesterday. The India batsman is suffering from "mediastinal seminoma".
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
The worst owner in football? Vincent Tan faces fan backlash as Malky Mackay clings to Cardiff job
Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker ends exit speculation by signing 'long-term' contract
Transfer news: Tottenham Hotspur - January transfer targets
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'