Round-Up: Lewis spree sends England reminder
Friday 12 May 2006
The 30-year-old seamer, who has made a superb start to the season, hot-footed it from north-west London to Bristol where his county Gloucestershire are up against Northamptonshire in the Second Division of the Liverpool Victoria County Championship.
The match was already into its second day but Lewis was allowed to replace team-mate Carl Greenidge, who had taken 3 for 50 in Northants' first innings of 219, and wasted no time making an impact.
Lewis recorded superb figures of 5 for 36 to help bowl out Northants a second time for 114. At the close of play, Gloucestershire were 8 for 1, requiring just another 94 runs for victory.
In the First Division yesterday, another England absentee, Owais Shah, returned to form with 68 for Middlesex, who were bowled out for 242 at the Riverside against Durham, who were 80-2 at the close, a lead of 186. Another man with England aspirations, Ed Joyce, made only 14, and had the unfortunate distinction of being caught Mustard bowled Onions.
WWE Raw results: Seth Rollins and Kane punish Dean Ambrose while Brock Lesnar receives a new Championship belt
Angel Di Maria: Manchester United to push ahead with £50m move for Real Madrid winger
Marcos Rojo to Manchester United: Sporting Lisbon confirm deal with Nani heading back to Portugal on loan
Besiktas vs Arsenal: Arsene Wenger hits out at Aaron Ramsey red card decision
Arsenal player ratings vs Besiktas
- 1 Three of Pope Francis' relatives die in Argentina car crash, including two young great-nephews
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad with Jager and potatoes for vodka as campsite opens tomorrow
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict