South Africa captain Graeme Smith piles on the runs against Pakistan
Thursday 24 October 2013
Captain Graeme Smith hit an unbeaten double century as South Africa established a 361-run lead over Pakistan on the second day of the second Test in Dubai.
Smith was 227 not out and AB de Villiers scored an unbeaten 157 as the pair set a new South African fifth wicket partnership record of 326 to put the Proteas in command.
He batted for more than 10 hours, passed 9,000 Test runs and recorded the fifth double century of his career.
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
- 1 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 2 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 3 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 4 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police