Stephen Brenkley's Ashes Quiz
Tuesday 23 November 2010
1. How many wickets did Wilfred Rhodes take in England's 4-1 victory in 1911-12?
2. Who has scored most runs for England in an Ashes series?
3. How many times have England won an Ashes Test match after following on?
4. What number did Don Bradman bat in his first Test match?
5. Name the five England batsmen who've hit three tons or more in an away Ashes.
6. When did England last regain the Ashes in Australia?
7. When did Australia last regain the Ashes in Australia?
8. Who were the captains in the series when England were beaten 5-0?
9. Who took over from Bill Lawry during the Ashes in 1970-71?
10. Who scored the four hundreds for England in 1974-75?
11. Who took 10 wickets at Sydney in his last Test match in 2002-03?
12. Who is the only Australia captain to have twice lost the Ashes in England?
13. Name England's Aussie bowling coach.
14. Who is the only player to have represented England and Australia in the Ashes?
15. Who has scored most Ashes runs for England? And taken most wickets?
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture