Stephen Brenkley's Ashes Quiz
Tuesday 23 November 2010
1. How many wickets did Wilfred Rhodes take in England's 4-1 victory in 1911-12?
2. Who has scored most runs for England in an Ashes series?
3. How many times have England won an Ashes Test match after following on?
4. What number did Don Bradman bat in his first Test match?
5. Name the five England batsmen who've hit three tons or more in an away Ashes.
6. When did England last regain the Ashes in Australia?
7. When did Australia last regain the Ashes in Australia?
8. Who were the captains in the series when England were beaten 5-0?
9. Who took over from Bill Lawry during the Ashes in 1970-71?
10. Who scored the four hundreds for England in 1974-75?
11. Who took 10 wickets at Sydney in his last Test match in 2002-03?
12. Who is the only Australia captain to have twice lost the Ashes in England?
13. Name England's Aussie bowling coach.
14. Who is the only player to have represented England and Australia in the Ashes?
15. Who has scored most Ashes runs for England? And taken most wickets?
Chelsea vs Manchester United: Jose Mourinho dismisses United injury worries, saying 'they have an amazing squad'
Aaron Hernandez: American Football in the dock as NFL star player's murderous double life is revealed
Chelsea vs Manchester United: Why Blues are the least popular team in the league
Chelsea vs Manchester United combined XI: Thibaut Courtois or David De Gea? Juan Mata or Willian? Who makes our team?
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: Where are the tickets for the fight?
- 1 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
General Election 2015: Polish prince challenges Nigel Farage to a duel over immigration question