Sussex recover to reach the summit
Friday 17 June 2011
Sussex moved to the top of the South Group after recovering from a terrible start to convincingly beat Middlesex by 49 runs in the Friends Life t20 fixture at Lord's last night.
The visitors were 2 for 2 in the second over but solid contributions from Luke Wright, Lou Vincent and Murray Goodwin, allowed them to recover to 165 for 8.
Middlesex were then reduced to 61 for 4 halfway through their reply. Meanwhile, Nottinghamshire's Alex Hales hit 67 from 39 balls as they beat Warwickshire by 54 runs.
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'