Sussex recover to reach the summit
Friday 17 June 2011
Sussex moved to the top of the South Group after recovering from a terrible start to convincingly beat Middlesex by 49 runs in the Friends Life t20 fixture at Lord's last night.
The visitors were 2 for 2 in the second over but solid contributions from Luke Wright, Lou Vincent and Murray Goodwin, allowed them to recover to 165 for 8.
Middlesex were then reduced to 61 for 4 halfway through their reply. Meanwhile, Nottinghamshire's Alex Hales hit 67 from 39 balls as they beat Warwickshire by 54 runs.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
David Moyes needs to bring in his own players says Phil Jagielka
Manchester United’s ambitious transfer plans at risk from top-four failure
English clubs ditch Heineken Cup - confirming they will not take part in any ERC run competition in 2014-15
Brazil World Cup 2014 draw: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Manchester City sign the 'new Lionel Messi' Brahim Abdelkader, and in doing so put one over Barcelona
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen