The Ashes: The best insults in cricket
Friday 12 November 2010
The 2010/11 Ashes are nearly upon us as England look to retain the urn against Australia.
As we build up to what is promising to be a hard-fought and competitive series, we bring you the best insults in cricket.
So far, 'sledging' has been kept to a minimum, perhaps due to Australia's wavering optimism and a fearsome focus and determination among the England camp.
Yet sledging is one of the joys of cricket, and despite the two teams keeping quiet thus far, don't expect it to continue once the Ashes get underway. Although the English and Australian teams will have to go some to top these...
Pornhub: Cheeky Liverpool fan uploads Philippe Coutinho wonder-goal video to adult website
Diego Costa keeps coin thrown at him during Capital One Cup final
Lukas Podolski corner: Has the Arsenal forward taken the worst corner of all time?
Ireland 19 England 9 player ratings: Jonathan Sexton? Devin Toner? Alex Goode? Who was the star man in Dublin?
Eden Hazard didn't like the champagne on offer in the Chelsea dressing room
- 1 Bill Clinton portrait features Monica Lewinsky reference, artist admits
- 2 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 Average penis size revealed: Scientists attempt to find what is 'normal' to reassure concerned men
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded