When sports stars lose it
Tuesday 22 February 2011
In an incident more sex, drugs and rock n roll than afternoon tea and cucumber sandwiches, cricketer Ricky Ponting stands accused of smashing up a television set.
It has emerged that following the Australian captain's dismissal in their opening World Cup game against Zimbabwe, he returned to the dressing room and smashed an LCD TV with his bat.
Ponting can take consolation in that he's not the first sportsman to lose it when things weren't going his way, as this collection of angry sports stars proves.
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
The worst owner in football? Vincent Tan faces fan backlash as Malky Mackay clings to Cardiff job
Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker ends exit speculation by signing 'long-term' contract
Transfer news: Tottenham Hotspur - January transfer targets
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'