When sports stars lose it
Tuesday 22 February 2011
In an incident more sex, drugs and rock n roll than afternoon tea and cucumber sandwiches, cricketer Ricky Ponting stands accused of smashing up a television set.
It has emerged that following the Australian captain's dismissal in their opening World Cup game against Zimbabwe, he returned to the dressing room and smashed an LCD TV with his bat.
Ponting can take consolation in that he's not the first sportsman to lose it when things weren't going his way, as this collection of angry sports stars proves.
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Greece debt crisis explained: A history of just how the country landed itself in such a mess
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Greek debt crisis: Yanis Varoufakis's funniest (and most memorable) quotes
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts